Friday, 15 August 2014

The Natural Hair Movement: Why I Decided to Join



Recently I chopped all my relaxed hair off so I could go natural. I had many reasons why I did it. Firstly, I got fed up with the state of my hair. I had in Jheri curls and those of you who have had Jheri curls knows how long and tedious the process is and to add to that my hairdresser always cut my hair each visit. This led to my hair not growing as it stayed at shoulder length. I decided not to go to that hairdresser again. While looking for hairstyles for my short hair I realised that more could be done with short natural hair. These naturalistas looked beautiful showcasing their hair and giving tutorials. After a while I started watching natural hair videos more frequently. Eventually I decided to try this 'Natural Hair Journey' out. So far it's not a bad experience, my main issue is with moisturizing my hair. Hopefully this problem will be solved quickly, otherwise, I love my natural hair.

Natural hair is not necessarily cheaper than relaxed hair as you have to buy products that will keep you on a healthy natural journey. At first it may be expensive as you are testing different products in your hair to see what works for your type of hair.

Benefits Of Having Natural Hair

  • HAIR IS IN ITS MOST OPTIMAL CONDITION
  • MOISTURE CONTENT IS HIGHER
  • TEXTURE IS STRONGER
  • DENSITY AND FULLNESS ARE AT THEIR BEST
  • ENDLESS POSSIBILITIES TO EXPLORING HAIR COLOR
  • PROTEIN BONDS ARE KEPT IN TACT
  • HAIR HAS FULLNESS AND BODY
  • HEALTHIER LIFESTYLE
  • HAIR WILL EXPERIENCE MORE GROWTH
Eventually you will develop a love for your natural hair and natural well being that's so deep it will make you wonder why you didn't try it earlier.

So why not join the natural hair movement? You don't have to big chop like me there's another alternative which is transitioning, this way you are able to keep your length. I am only 2 1/2 weeks natural and already in love with the texture and manageability of my hair and I know it will just get better. It wouldn't hurt for you to give your natural hair a chance!

No comments:

Post a Comment